Sunday, 31 January 2016

GRP Ceiling Liner complete.....

I know its been a while since my last post but the painting is a slow process as I can only get one coat on per week, however I am pleased to say that the liner is now complete!


The final result was good but not quite excellent, think I am getting fussy.....ended up applying two coats of primer and three coats of Toplac, tried different methods including rolling and tipping, brushing, and just rolling.
The best finish I found was just with the roller as the brush marks never seemed to completely disappear.




The large sections were relatively easy to paint although there were some quite tricky areas including the quarter berth.
The photo below is of a shelf above the sink which was previously varnished but decided to paint the inside of the shelf but have left the trim so it can be varnished.








After much though and deliberation I have dicided on a colour scheme which will hopefully brighten the boat up but also solve an issue with some of the areas where the veneer has faded or is damaged.
Will report back once further progress is made.












No comments:

Post a Comment