Monday, 17 July 2017

Non slip deck painting.

The painting part of the refit was coming to completion and the final sections needing attention were all of the non slip areas of deck, coach roof and cockpit.
Having thought for some time on which paint to use I decided to go with International Interdeck paint without any additional aggregate.




I was extremely pleased with how the paint went on as well as the finish once the second and final coat was applied. The original diamond shape anti slid pattern was still visible so I was pleased that this paint made it look much fresher rather than a bad attempt of covering it up if I had used a more grainy product.



What was most time consuming was masking off the areas required for painting, although its fair to say the effort was worth while.


I tried several methods of application with various rollers and brushes and found a standard foam roller gave as good a finish as any. What I like about the product is that if you use the paint without any additive you still get a good non slip feel as well as being comfortable under bare feet.






No comments:

Post a Comment