On what should have been the first day of spring it looked like winter was visiting again, I had planned to take the Friday off work and spend the night on board in an effort to get some work done....dammed if I would let a drop of snow scupper my plans!
The previous week I had added an electric bilge pump along with its own outlet which required another hole being drilled, definitely something not right about drilling holes in a boat!
I was thinking of going for a combined pump and float switch to install although I had a remote pump that was laying around which worked perfectly, as well as a brand new filter. All I needed to buy was the float switch which I purchased on-line some time ago.
Once all of the pipework was fitted and the skin fitting sealed it was time for some wiring work, this was now my 4th auto bilge pump installation and pleased to say it went without a hitch....apart from the fact that the switch I had purchased was faulty!
Obviously this was not clearly evident as I simply assumed the problem was with my wiring....note to self: If you have completed the same task four times successfully chances are your doing something right! Just waiting for a new switch now and in the meantime have hard-wired the float switch so that its in auto mode.
Next was fitting the newly arrived cooker, you may remember I refurbed the galley last year so you would be forgiven for thinking that fitting a cooker would be fairly straight forward affair.......
After checking and rechecking I managed to get a completely level surface for the new work top as well as the bottom section on top of which the cooker will hang.
After a good nights sleep the next job was to measure and cut the new material for the work top, this proved easier than initially thought and Mrs Makita Jigsaw went through no problem. Although the old saying 'Measure twice, cut once' is one that I have modified to 'Measure three times, write it down, think about it, measure again, then just before the blade touches the material, put the saw down and check it again!
Finally I lose fitted the hardwood capping to get an idea what it would look like when fully completed.